Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Writer's frustration

I am in a state of pure frustration. Why? Because the chapter I am currently writing just won't come. It's not that I don't know what's going on, or where it is going. It's how to get it there, since I have to fit my characters in with certain historical events(as far as they are known). This isn't as easy as it sounds, because the events in question are confusing in their details, and different chronicles of the events seem to have given somewhat different sequences of them. Obviously, since the characters I'm focusing on are fictional, I have some leeway as to what they are thinking, doing, wearing, etc. I just don't have much leeway with the events, as far as they are known. And I'm not even sure I'm doing this stuff in the proper order. But I don't want' to do anything about that until I get some timeline making software(yeah, there is such stuff out there, I've discovered). And I probably won't do anything about this until I start my second draft. So I haven't gotten very far with Chapter 32, which must move certain things forward. I've only written 2 ½ pages so far. I guess I'll just have to let my writing partner down this week and finish it next week. Even then, it will probably require work. That is the writer's life, I guess
Anne Gilbert

No comments: