Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Monday, March 17, 2008

They're at it again!

I'd love to tell y'all more about my writing and the "medieval" side of my research. Unfortunately, I can't at the moment. Because the indefatigable "Neanderstupids" are at it again. The latest blast in this direction is here. Yeah, I know, I know. Some people will surely buy into this idea. Only trouble with it is, while there are "random skull differences", I'm not at all sure they point to mental and cultural capacities Neandertals supposedly didn't have. Cultural differences, yes, most probably, but that in itself would not have led to their disappearance. Besides which, there's no real archaeological evidence to back this idea up. The kind of "cultural differences" they seem to be referring to, appear to have happened long after Neandertals disappeared! But that's another story.
Anne G

No comments: