Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Saturday, July 26, 2008

New link

I found a new link today. It's called Biology in Science Fiction And it's a blog. But it has some, well, useful stuff, which is why I added the link. It listed some quite interesting books that make a biology-science fiction link. I've only read one of them --- Ursula LeGuin's The Left Hand of Darkness, in which LeGuiin posits a society where the beings can be either male or female when they are fertile. Which, as I recall the book makes for some pretty interesting situations. And it's now considered a classic of the genre. LeGuin has written a lot of other stuff since, and she's still going strong. I will read her latest series, a YA/science fiction/fantasy series which looks quite good. When I'm done, I'll probably comment on it here, but that won't be for a while. In any case, Biology in Science Fiction looks like a really interesting blog, and I'm going to keep my eye on it.
Anne G

No comments: