Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Friday, November 14, 2008

An Addendum to my Writing Methods


 

I didn't quite get everything I wanted to say about my writing process down in print yesterday. Which is kind of too bad. I wanted to say that there are other things that go into a revised draft, technical things like correcting spelling or changing sentence order in paragraphs. Or clarifying who said what. But in my opinion, the "technical" side of multiple drafts and revisions become less important , except perhaps for the final draft – than the way the writer develops the story itself: showing a character or characters you can relate to, a plotline or story arc that makes sense, believable scenes and vivid action. This takes a lot of work, and while the imagination is the starting point, this is where discipline and growth occur.

Anne G

No comments: