Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Monday, June 8, 2009

The wolves are happy, and I guess the farmers and ranchers are, too!

I'm happy to report that the Washington State Department of Wildlife has come up with a plan that will presumably benefit both wolves and ranchers. These wolves are the first denning pack in 70 years; fortunately or unfortunately, they are denning near an area where cattle usually graze.  However people are not allowed near the den site, and the calves have to be kept away from the wolves till they're too big to be of much interest to the wolves(they prefer the local deer, anyway), and/or the usual "wolf food" becomes abundant.  Of course, since wolves are now part of this blog(especially as they relate to anything I'm writing), I will be keeping everybody informed on what the new wolves of Washington State are actually doing. . . .

Anne G

No comments: