Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Thursday, February 26, 2009

An aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!! moment

Gentle blog-readers:

 

Have you ever had a aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!! moment?  I just did.  This morning, in fact.  I had the old files to the first book of my Invaders trilogy on my old computer.  Because the CD drives broke down and stopped working, I thought I couldn't transfer my writing files.  I was waiting around for the Family Computer Guru to help me, when it occurred to me that I could just get a flash drive and transfer them that way.  My old computer had Windows XP, so this was really no problem.  So I bought this nice pink flash drive.  So far, so good.  This old computer is rather slow to boot up, because it is full of computer junk, but I booted it up, inserted the flash drive, and after the computer made it work on a USB port, everything was decent.  So far, anyway.  I transferred the material into the flash drive, then I inserted the flash drive into my laptop and transferred everything there.  That worked fine. Then I checked to see what I had.  And somehow, instead of copying the revised version of the first five chapters(after that, I think I had everything on the new computer anyway, I managed to lose those revisions!  So all I had was the originals, which, for various reasons, have changed from the originals.

 

Fortunately, I have hard copies of the revision. . . . .

 

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Anne G

No comments: