Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not much

  I haven't blogged much this month.  I haven't really had much reason to, though there have been some very interesting encounters with other bloggers on a variety of subjects related to my writing project. And I don't see any reason to blog often, unless there's a lot "out there", as, for some reason, there was in February.  I don't even have any books I want to review.  And a steady, though small, stream of people drops in from time to time and looks at my blog.  Gee. I'm even being "followed" at Twitter now! 

 

All of this is quite all right with me. I don't have a mania for posting "nonsense" like some bloggers do(there's been a lot of complaint about this in the sphere of "political" blogs, which I am not).  I'd rather post less often, if I don't have anything much to say, than simply blather. 

 

Interestingly, though, my blogging isn't the only thing that's  slow at the moment.  So is my writing. It's not that I don't have ideas, nor is it that my story isn't going well. Both are, though the story itself needs at least one more revision,before I think it will be anything close to publishable, and that's just the first book!  It's just that, unlike some writers, the words often come s-l-o-w-l-y.  I have a scene in my head, but I don't quite know how to put this scene, dialog, and characters down on paper(or more precisely, in the computer).  This is much more difficult than one might imagine, but I keep doing it, even if I only get half a page done. In my view,that's the only way I can write at all "creatively".  I'm definitely not a "formula" writer. But I'm also disciplined.  And  lately, I've been doing more critiques of other people's writing, than I started out doing.  I enjoy that, partly to see(with the more "polished" writers),what I can aim for, partly to see where they're going,and partly, just to see what they're writing!

 

Be that as it may, you, Gentle Reader, can rest assured that I will remain a "presence" here. You may not agree with some of the things in my blog, or you may love them so much that you "lust" for more. I will eventually have lots to say, I am sure.  I might even repeat myself, on occasion. But this blog will continue,and of course,I will continue to encourage people to drop by and correspond. Who knows?  Maybe someone will stroll in here and give me information about how I can write "faster".  Someone like Stephen King or J.K. Rowling?  One can always hope.

Anne G

No comments: