Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Monday, June 9, 2008

The church under the sea

Thanks to the site History Buff, which, by the way, I've just added as a link, I found a nice little story via the BBC on a church that was recently dug out of the sea in England. It was located in the town of Dunwich, which apparently washed away about 500 years ago, thanks to rising sea levels in that region. History Buff also links to the author's website, which is full of links to writers and writing, as well. It's a nice source of "historical news", of all sorts, if one is interested in that. I'm certainly intersted in churches that got washed away in rising tides! It's tragic and romantic, I guess, though I think people just moved elsewhere, rather than letting the sea wash them away, too.
Anne G

No comments: