Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flash! Lawsuits on behalf of wolves are being heard in Montana and Wyoming

Despite, or perhaps because of,the fact that some farmers and ranchers are just itching to get their hands on the nearest gun and shoot wolves in those states, a federal judge is going to rule on whether or not the farmers and ranchers can actually shoot them.  Darn good thing, I say, if the judge in question decides to block these ecologically questionable hunts.  There are ways of keeping wolves away from livestock; wolves are pretty smart and learn quite well.  This has been tried with at least some success in Minnesota and, I think, Wisconsin, which states have always had a viable wolf population.  Besides which, I know there are a lot of people in the more "populated" part of Montana, that don't want farmers and ranchers just banging away at wolves.  Who, after all, eat a lot of deer,which -- and I've seen this -- have a way of munching on wheat and other crops. Wyoming is another matter, but the farmers and ranchers there should realize that Wolves Are Good For You! 

 

You can read all about it at this site

 

BTW, I did say I'd be writing about wolves from time to time.  I guess my first post of June is a good time to do this.  Besides, in the proposed Young Adult book I have currently on the shelf,  wolves will have their place. . . .

Anne G

No comments: