Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Thursday, October 8, 2009

NaNoWriMo!

I have done something I've never done before.  I've signed up for National Novel Writing Month, which begins in November. That's what NaNoWriMo You're supposed to write 50,000 words of a novel -- just write it, no editing at all -- during the month, till you get to 50,000 words.  So, dear readers and followers, I probably won't be doing quite as much blogging as I have in the past, but that's all right.  I will keep everyone updated on my progress, and I will let people know some of the things I'm doing or planning to do. 

 

At the moment, I know what I want to do:  begin to write the "prequel" to my Invaders trilogy, which will be about some of the characters when they were younger; certain others who are "secondary" in this trilogy or just mentioned, are going to be much more "central" and there may or may not be quite the mix of "historical" and "made up" characters I have now.  Heck, I can't even think of a title for this prequel, but never mind.  I'll start doing a little planning in a bout a week or so, and let people know how that is going.  I do have a possible couple of "key scenes" around which I'm going to start building the story, and I'll probably let y'all know my struggles with those!  But right now, it's all a "blank".

 

Still, if I manage to finish all 50,000 words, and I think I will, I will be quite satisfied, having gotten just that far!   So, wish me luck, followers and readers!  I think I'm going to need it!

Anne G

No comments: