Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm adding to my blogroll again

Today, I have the privilege of adding another blog to my blogroll.  This is a medieval blog, specifically earlier medieval England.  It's name is Anglo-Saxon England.  It is written by a person who also runs message board called Englistory, which is also very valuable, full of lively discussions, and there are interesting people on it, but it covers a much wider range of historical times and places than just early medieval England.  There is a great deal of material on the Anglo-Saxon England blog that is relevant to my Great Medieval Science Fiction Masterpiece, either because it covers historical events mentioned in my book(s) or else it gives me background material I can incorporate into it. The blogger also lists the sources used for some of the blogs, and it covers some material that is reasonably accessible  to a non-scholar one way, or another.  So with a flourish, and a bow, and a ta-da, I will leave things at that, and all the Gentle Reader of my blog has to do is click on the link, if they are interested, and they will see what I mean.

Anne G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anne Gilbert said...

Anonymous:

It kind of depends on the circumstances. If I just announce that I'm adding a theme to my blogroll, I don't think I need ha have an "opinion" about it. OTOH if I see something abut Neandertals, or medieval England, or something else that fits into my thems, I am much more likely to express myself about it. Especially if whoever writes what they're writing, and does an especially fine job of explaining, or makes a particularly bad mistake.
Anne G