Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Upgrades!

As of Friday, I got a new computer. It's a laptop. It works better than my old computer, and it's a lot faster. Also, the graphics are much, much better! I have a new version of my old word processing program, and also the latest version of Microsoft Word. At the moment, I couldn't be happier. The only thing I need to do is transfer my old files(the writing ones, and the photos), onto this laptop. But the tech support I signed up for was busy, so I haven't done that. I hope I don't have to do this myself! I can, but I'm lazy!
Anne G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to wipe the hard drive and put Linux on that baby???

Anne Gilbert said...

Greg:

I have a cousin who uses Linux a lot, but he's far more "techie" than I am, and besides, he does this for businesses. I wouldn't object to Linux, but I don't have the "problem" with Windows(when it works), that a lot of Microsoft haters seem to have. Unless things get really, really, a lot worse, I'm pretty much leaving things as they are(no offense to anyone who uses Linux or any other "alternative" system; they all seem to work well enough).
Anne G