Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Medieval bits ‘n pieces

Nan Hawthorne,  who has also written  An Involuntary King, a novel I’m preparing to review  on this blog in the not too distant future, has posted a piece on some of her characters in a mystery series set in 10th century Winchester.  It looks quite interesting, and I look forward to her series.  The characters all sound quite colorful, to say the least.

Anne G

4 comments:

Kit moss said...

Delighted to see my peeps got a mention on your blog.. which I just finally put on my Divers Parfit Blogges list.. sorry it took so long.

The first novel, Out of the Stoprm, will have one of the bards sheltered by a young pregnant woman during a downpour. The next day he learns that the cottage where he was sheltered burned to the ground with the woman but not the baby in it 20 uears before.

Looking forward to your review of AIK!!!

Nan

Anne Gilbert said...

Nan:

Yikes! I still haven't gotten to AIK; there's been way too much going on around here, and so I've had no time for anything but "basics". Still, I think it's going to calm down for a while, at least, and I'm crossing my fingers I can get to it(plus get to critiques and still another review).
Anne G

Kit moss said...

I said it before and I say it again.. you are worth the wait. I just hope you like it better than my last couple reviewers!!! :(

Nan

Anne Gilbert said...

Nan:

Sorry to hear that the last couple of reviews weren't so nice :( But that happens. The story looks quite good so far.
Anne G