Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The original picture. . . .

The first thing Gentle Readers and the curious who have dropped by to read my blog, notice, is that the “title” picture shows a Redheaded Neanderlady.  This is a kind of tribute to my redheaded heroine, Illg(yeah, Neandertals appear to have had a version of the MC1R “skin color” gene, which gave at least some of them red hair, light skin and eyes, and maybe freckles).  But the “original” from which I photoshopped this version, looks quite different

family_morph_large

She originally looked like the woman in this picture, though there was a picture, just of her, originally.  Which, as usual, has disappeared, though I think it’s still hiding on my old computer.  Anyway, you get the idea.  Until people found out that Neandertals possessed this now-infamous MC1R gene, besides living in cool, cloudy Paleolithic Eurasia for thousands of years, they thought Neandertals were all dark haired.  Oh well. . . .

Anne G

 

No comments: