Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Friday, March 26, 2010

Changes to the blog

 

I’ve changed the blog.  No, not the title or the content, just the background.  I’m trying to make it more like I wanted it in the first place.  I don’t know if I’ve succeeded, but I changed the background somewhat, and I then had to change the link colors so they would be  more or less “reader friendly”.  I will probably continue to do more tinkering, but not so much  that it’s completely unrecognizable.  I just want to have it both imaginative and “writerish”.

Let me know how you like it,

Anne G

2 comments:

Joansz said...

Sorry for being AWOL for a while--RL and all that--but I do want to comment on your blog change. I find the background/text combo very hard on my eyes. Don't know why, but it's very uncomfortable for me to read. I think it has to do with contrast--medium green with medium red or blue doesn't have enough contrast. I find I have to strain. Also, I find the background color to be a bit harsh. My personal preference is for it to look like a book--off white or cream background with black or other dark color text. You might find this Q&A on website color schemes interesting.

Sorry.

Joan

Anne Gilbert said...

Though I'm sorry to hear that you find the blog hard to read, these are exactly the kinds of comments I need to hear. Because that's the only way I'll know if it's decently readable. I've been to web sites that are impossible or nearly impossible to read, because the people didn't think about things like contrast.

I chose the color scheme I did, because I didn't exactly want it to look like a book. I wanted it vaguely mysterious, romantic, unusual, and different, but that's just me, I guess. Originally, the background was a kind of yellow-green I didn't particularly care for, so I was actually trying to make it a softer and more "friendly"(to me) color. Anyway, I guess it's back to work.