Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My computer is back, and working properly now

I’ve had a lot of problems, of one sort and another with this computer since December. First, I got a bunch of junk in it, and had to send it to the computer store.  Then my hard drive died in February.  Don’t even ask why it died.  It wasn’t that old.  Then, when that was fixed, I couldn’t access the Internet when I got home.  Why?  Well, I couldn’t exactly figure that out for a while, though I finally turned to a gadget that allowed me to access the Internet, and I was fine with that.  Only trouble was, it was a problem with the router, which was old and cranky, and it apparently died, which was bad for the other members of my household who use laptops and wireless.  Ugh, ugh, ugh, until the Family Computer Guru came along with a brand-new router which works fine, and we now all can get on the Internet when necessary. It’s too bad you have to both love and hate computers and their peripherals; everything is fine when they work, but when they don’t. . . .well, I’ll leave that to your imagination.  It didn’t affect my writing, though, as I continued to do that. It didn’t require Internet access.  But now I have a “funny” other thingie. . .

Anne G

No comments: