Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I found it!

I thought I’d lost the original picture, from which I photoshopped the Redheaded Neanderlady.  It turns out I haven’t!  Yay!  Anyway,this is her “own” picture, as she appeared in National Geographic some years back.  Both the “family” picture from the previous blog, and this one, suggest the way a lot of people have “pictured” Neandertals – at least until very recently.

femalemorph

 

As you can see, she appears vaguely “Middle Eastern”(or something).  And while Neandertals occupied Israel, Iraq, Jordan and  Syria from time to time, whether their skins and hair were anything like those of the inhabitants of these regions today, is anybody’s guess.

Anne G

No comments: