Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A good site for any aspiring writer

Melissa James is a writer, living, apparently, in Australia. She apparently writes romances, if her website is any indication. She has a bunch of very good tips that any aspiring writer(including me) would do well to pay attention to. These are things that good writers probably do, mostly unconsciously, and with practice. But there are always things to learn. I never heard of "deep POV(point of view) before someone on a writer's e-mail list pointed me to this site. But while I attempt to do some of the things she suggested, she had some advice I never thought of, but I'm going to try. One of these is, for very intense emotional scenes, not to use "tags"(e.g. "he said, she said"). This may be hard to do at first, but I can see where she's going with it. Which is why I'm adding her website to my ever-lengthening list of links on various subjects. I think it is well worth visiting, and I hope there's a comment section where I can tell her so.
Anne G

2 comments:

Melissa James said...

LOL, Anne, thanks for this! I don't live in Australia any more, though I am Australian. I live in Switzerland now, have for 7 months. I set up the website to help others on their writing journey, so I'm glad you found it useful. As soon as I find some more time I'll put another article up there as well.

Thanks again for visiting

Melissa

Anne Gilbert said...

Melissa:

Thanks very much for droppiing by. I'll update my information on you, in case any other aspiring writer drops by. I do like to share things I've found useful. Writers need all the help they can get.
Anne G