Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Robert Sawyer's wise advice --- again

Robert Sawyer has done it again! He has given the would-be writer some cautionary advice about when, and how often, their masterworks are likely to be optioned into films. Which is to say, not very often. This is one of the reasons, incidentally, why I dislike seeing an increasing number of books written in the present tense. I think some of these people are thinking "film script". I have discussed this elsewhere, but hadn't thought of Sawyer's angle, though I should have. Anyway, it's just one more reason why I feel that writers, unless they have a very good reason to do so, should not try to be too ambitious or too "arty".
Anne G

No comments: