Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Monday, November 2, 2009

Another ray of hope for the Seattle Public Library System

Yes, it's true.  There is still another ray of hope for our poor, beleaguered  Seattle Public Library System.  It appears that The Gates Foundation has chipped in $50,000 to help the library's job resource center.  It may not do anything to keep libraries open, or prevent a systemwide "furlough" next year, but it may help job-seekers around here.  And those folks desperately need some help in these tough economic times(even though they're supposed to be getting better).  I certainly hope so.  And I hope the Seattle City Council sits up and listens.  We need all the help we can get.

Anne G

1 comment:

Steven Till said...

That's good news. I've heard a few libraries are switching to all electronic format. I think they'll still have a physical location but all the books will be in digital format.

Actually, I just found the article I was thinking about: Welcome to the library. Say goodbye to the books.