Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Saturday, November 21, 2009

NaNoWriMo, Week Three

I have successfully managed to make it through Week Three of NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month!  I am now at 42,118 words.  I only have 7,882 more words to go, to make 50,000.  And I will probably make that goal a bit before the end of the month, for whatever that's worth.  Some people have written much, much more than I have.  And even with 50,000 plus words, this piece is nowhere near a "complete" novel, not counting the probably drastic revisions it will have to go through.  On the other hand, I have learned a great deal, which, to me is the most important thing.  Writers should always be learning things.  One thing I've learned is, you can produce quite a bit in a relatively short time, if you put your mind to it.  And the discipline of doing this has been very good for me.  I produced pages, even when  I had my little "computer problem" that kept me, temporarily, off the Internet(I"m still waiting for my ISP to deliver my nice new, improved modem, but that's another story).  In any case, I will report back in fuller detail, somewhere around December 1.  There are others who will have produced far more than I have, but I don't care.  The experience of just sitting down and writing this stuff has been quite an eye opener for me.  And I will be reporting on it in some detail on December 1, or thereabouts.  Stay tuned.

Anne G

4 comments:

Anita Davison said...

Great work, Anne. Keep going, you will feel great when you have finished. Even if it is only a rough draft.

Anne Gilbert said...

Anita:

Thanks. I won't have anything like a complete novel when I'm done, and it will probably need pretty extensive revision. But I now have plenty of material to work with, although I started with just one character, and a scene or two.

Steven Till said...

Good luck! Keep pushing. It takes extraordinary discipline to write so much in such a short period of time. I'm impressed. Are you planning on being done before Thanksgiving? I was wondering how the holidays might interfere with your writing routine.

Anne Gilbert said...

STeven:

s of today, I'm nearly there. I will have achieved this goal by tomorrow, I think.
Anne G