Redheaded Neanderlady

Redheaded Neanderlady
This is a photoshopped version of something I found in National Geographic about the time I started researching

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Grrrrr!!!!! More computer woes!

Something died in my junkpile laptop last night. I'm not, at the moment, sure what it was, except that I can't connect to the Internet(it's a good thing library funding was restored around here, because I'd be in real trouble if I couldn't access a computer somewhere!) You see, it could be the connection card. Or it could<> be my ISP, which said it's upgrading everybody's modens. I upgraded the modem, which they will kindly send me, about Thanksgiving time(wonderful timing, that!) If not. . . .and it's the wireless card. . . .About all I can say is, I'm going to scream. And you're all going to hear it. Computers, unfortunately, are something you can't live with and you can't live without. I find my laptop very, very useful. Until something like this happens1 Ugh, ugh, ugh!
Anne g

4 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Sorry to hear about your woes. My laptop is going into the shop this week for who knows how long! At least it is under warraty...at least I think it is!

Anne Gilbert said...

Sherrinda:

Something very bizarre happened tonight. The modem started working agian, and I can once again connect ot the Internet. It seemed that I needed a new, improved upgrade modem. I found this out when I went to the local library, to check some e-mail and let everybody know of my woes, so they wouldn't wonder why I was out of commission. Well, I came back rather late tongiht, and lo and behold, after a bit of fiddling, it went right back on again! So I'm happy! The only bad part of this is, it's going to take 5-7 business days for me to get this new improved modem that will let me download everything faster and better. I mean, it could arrive the day before Thanksgiving(ugh). But all I will have to do is send the old one back, via UPS of whatever they use.
Anne G

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Well, a week isn't too bad, I suppose. My laptop is going to be out for a couple of weeks...at least! I'm glad I can use my husband's old laptop while mine is out of commission. It's slow though and the kids are fighting me for it! lol

Anne Gilbert said...

Well, now my computer is working agoan. All I had to do was go to my local public library, get on one of their computers, look up the websdite of my ISP, and lo and behold there was a notice that I njeeded a modem upgrade! They were upgrading a bunch of other stuff, too, so a few hours later, they got around to me and now my computer works. I still have to get their nice new modem, but at least now I can continue to gt on the internet.